We believe that preschool is a time for children to make their first friends, bond with their first teachers, and inquire about the world around them. We also know that preschool must prepare children for school while not becoming overly academic.
We focus on school readiness in the following ways:
- Our children develop fine motor skills by tracing, using various tools, and feeding themselves. Fine motor skills help to develop writing skills in primary school.
- Our children develop gross motor skills by climbing, swimming, throwing, catching, balancing, and more! Gross motor skills help to develop athletic ability in primary school.
- Our children develop early numeracy skills by counting their fingers and toes, counting classroom objects, singing number songs, and playing with number puzzles. Numeracy skills help them develop mathematically in primary school.
- Our children develop logic and reasoning by building towers, playing with magnets, experimenting with water, sand, and other materials, and exploring their environment. Logic and reasoning help them understand scientific inquiry in primary school.
- Our children leave the classroom to see and experience their topics first-hand. We help them understand the world so that they have the independence and confidence to thrive in any school setting.